Monday, September 22, 2008

Ideas Using A Scroll Saw




We have owned our cottage for about 10 years now


and one of the first things I wanted to do, was to learn how to use


a scroll saw, so for my birthday present that year I got a scroll saw, and taught myself how to use it.If you sew at all, it is a lot like a sewing machine, with a foot peddle and when you guide the wood through the blade, it is a lot like guiding the fabric under the needle on the sewing machine.


Our cottage is a two story log cottage.When we purchased it, it was basically just a shell so there was a lot of work to be done. I wanted to have a nice railing going up to the second level. The following are pictures of how it turned out. I decided to go with a maple leaf pattern, but you could use any pattern. My husband built the corner unit, and before it was assembled I did the maple leaf pattern in it and also cut out the knobs for the cabinet in the same leaf pattern.

No comments: