Saturday, November 28, 2009

Pine Cone Topiary

Just finished my pine cone topiary trees .
I glued pine cones to a white styro foam ball, and added a stick, then I mixed a plaster compound and filled the metal pots with the plaster.
I then pushed the sticks into the compound and allowed it to dry for 6 hours.
You have to support them as they dry.
Then I filled in the spaces between the gaps , around the pine cones, with faux berries and ivy.
I sprayed it with clear coat gloss, to make it shine.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Deb! You are so creative! I love these! What is so fun is that you could make them fit any season! I hope all is well for you as we prepare for Christmas! Happy weekend...hugs...Debbie

Glenda/MidSouth said...

How pretty! Thanks for sharing. Hope you are having a great weekend.
Glenda

Unknown said...

I really admire your creativity. Thanks for sharing these great ideas with us. The toy soldier is really terrific! Thanks for following. I hope you will join me for Crock Pot Wednesday soon.